With intense stress, there is often a desire to eat as many fatty and carbohydrate-rich foods as possible. Indignation, anger, intense fatigue – and the hand reaches for a bun or soda. A person does not eat because he is hungry, but tries to calm down in this way. Positive food or which foods help to deal with stress.
In order not to gain extra pounds, you need to get rid of the habit of “clogging” the stress. You can calm down in another way: a walk, a hobby, a relaxing bath. There are also products that are recommended for stress and bad mood, should be on the menu in difficult times of life.
Food with mood
To deal with stress, a person must eat well, why. it needs strength. It is useful to eat cereals (especially oatmeal and buckwheat), this is a source of slow carbohydrates.
The menu should contain protein, 2-3 times a week on the table should be meat and fish rich in omega-3. Vegetables, fruits, dried fruits, berries – all these are a source of vitamins and useful fibers.
In addition, foods rich in B vitamins are useful, they are necessary for the normal functioning of the nervous system. Vitamin E for relaxation, omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium and selenium.
As you know, serotonin improves mood, it is not for nothing called the hormone of happiness. To produce serotonin, the body needs tryptophan, which we get from food.
Sources of tryptophan: all cheeses (100 g – the daily norm of tryptophan), egg yolk, legumes, nuts, poultry, fatty fish, cottage cheese. In the synthesis of serotonin from tryptophan are also needed beta-carotene and are found in vegetables and fruits with bright colors (yellow, orange, red): pumpkin, citrus fruits, carrots, peppers, persimmons, tomatoes.
Serotonin relieves stress, helps treat depression, improves sleep. To facilitate the digestion of tryptophan, we need carbohydrates, magnesium, zinc and B vitamins. Dopamine also gives us a feeling of happiness, which is produced when a person reaches a goal or moments in love, during intimacy. The precursors of dopamine are the amino acid tyrosine.
- Meat. Both beef and pork and chicken contain tyrosine, which helps improve mood, has a beneficial effect on memory. Meat contains a lot of vitamin B12 and is essential for fighting depression.
- Liver. It is rich in vitamin B12 and many mental and neurological symptoms, including depression, can occur with a deficiency of this substance.
- bitter chocolate. Increases dopamine levels, contains magnesium, which is necessary for the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin. Dark chocolate contains at least 70% cocoa beans and holds the record for tryptophan content.
- Avocado. It is rich in B vitamins and potassium. 100 grams of avocados contain about 14% of the daily value of potassium and due to its lack usually suffers the nervous system. It is considered one of the main fruits that help fight depression.
- A fish. Much has been written about the benefits of fish. It is a source of omega-3, protein, magnesium, tryptophan, B vitamins. The polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6 act as antidepressants, it has been observed that in areas where fish are often consumed, depression is less common.
- Bananas. Rich in tryptophan, as well as vitamin B6, they help treat blues and chronic fatigue. You can eat about 200 grams of bananas every day.
- Leafy vegetables. It is rich in folic acid and if it is not enough in the body, the person becomes irritable, fatigue grows, it is difficult for him to resist stress.
- nuts. They have many useful substances. For example, walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids and magnesium, and almonds also contain zinc, Brazil nuts are rich in selenium.
Some foods are contraindicated in a bad mood, for example, fatty and sweet foods. Over time it blocks dopamine production, why. the brain gets used to the fact that the body receives it through food.
As a result, it requires more and more junk food, food addiction occurs, which leads to overeating, weight gain. It lowers the level of serotonin and caffeine and alcohol inhibits its synthesis and blocks that which is already in the body.
There is a whole list of products that should be abandoned at least for a while, for those who suffer from depression and bad mood:
- simple carbohydrates (soda, sweets, cakes, pastries, etc.)
- strong tea, coffee;
- fatty meat (duck, goose, pork);
- fast food;
- canned food, marinades, pickles, smoked meats.
- potato chips and salted nuts.
Of course, food can not solve our problems, we have to deal with them ourselves. But proper nutrition will fill the body with strength, help it to withstand stress and will also provide those “bricks” from which happiness hormones will then be produced: dopamine, serotonin, oxytocin and endorphins.
Lack of them can be one of the causes of depression and bad mood. Not only proper nutrition but his alertness and dedication too are most required.
The walks are very useful. For example, the synthesis of serotonin requires vitamin D, which we receive from exposure to sunlight. In severe cases, you should seek help from a doctor who will choose the necessary treatment.
Sign up and read Vesti Yuzhny Ural news where it’s convenient: Google News, Yandex.News, Telegram
Popular signs for dreams: what promises good luck and how best not to sleep
Information service cheltv.ru