Dogs and cats can happily welcome owners who have appeared or they can hide under a couch or bed and not go out for several days. Therefore, every pet needs individual approach. One should devote more time and attention, and one should not be temporarily disturbed. The animal may be scared of the road, people, cars and anxious on walks or it may love to walk and feel good outside the house.
The first days you have to give to the animal adapt. If it is convenient indoors, you can put a box, a bowl of food and a tray nearby. Once the house is quiet, he will leave anyway. For the first three days, animals are not allowed to eat, drink or visit the tray. These days, you can just be close to the pet, do not touch it if it is uncomfortable for him. If everything is okay with the tactile, then you can pet a dog or a cat.
It is important to know where the animal was before the shelter – on the street or in a room. He could get used to the people who fed him or, conversely, he could be aggressive towards them. Such animals need more time, love and affection.
Question from nutrition should also be addressed gradually. Either feed the pet the same food that was in the shelter, or slowly, gradually increasing the dose, transfer it to another food. The same goes for natural foods – meat, cereals. You do not need to drastically change your diet.
Concerning paddock, then in Krasnodog they advise you to take some food with you. Do not feed the dog before the walk, but you can feed during the walk. Thus, defecation outside will be encouraged if the animal is not accustomed to domestic conditions. You need to walk the dog at least four times a day, then adjust it to yourself and your pace of life, reducing the number of walks to 2-3 times a day.
– Initially, the dog requires a more careful attitude in terms of socialization, “examines” the soil, what people are with him, where he is, what places he visits. And then, when he gets used to it, he starts “clipping” the owner, where is the line of what is allowed. This is a very important period. When the dog is already somewhat adapted to all the conditions, he begins to understand, as a teenager, where you can “sit on the neck” of the owner. “After a while, everyone starts behaving more actively, disobeying or asking for a lot of attention,” they said at the Krasnodar refuge.
But before the animal becomes a member of the family, you need to find out rulesoperating in a shelter for injured animals:
– Shelter staff do not book animals by phone or email. Only a potential owner can choose a pet, having arrived at the shelter PERSONALLY.
– when you “adopt” an animal, the consent of all members of the future owner’s family is required.
– Animals are not given to persons under 18 years of age without parental accompaniment.
– the animals are not administered to persons intoxicated by alcohol or drugs;
– before taking responsibility for the animal, you must make sure that there are no diseases that are incompatible with keeping animals in the family (allergies, asthma, etc.)
– if in the future you are planning the appearance of children in the family, then be sure to consider whether you are allowed to keep the animal at the same time as the children.
– the animals may not be kept in dachas, except in cases of permanent (all year) residence of potential owners there;
– the animal is given to the future owner only after the signing of the Agreement for its transfer.
– when signing the contract, you must have a passport with you.
the shelter reserves the right to check the condition of the animals in the new home and return them to the shelter if the new owners do not comply with the terms of the Agreement.
– the final decision on the transport of the animal is taken by the management of the shelter. The shelter reserves the right to refuse to return the animal without giving reasons.
– It is important to remember that the animal may not immediately become accustomed to walking or defecating in designated areas. In addition, damage to repairs, furniture and things is possible. Think about whether you are ready for such problems? – stressed at the shelter “Krasnodog”. ⠀
Recall that Rosselkhoznadzor stated that there will be no shortage of imported pet food in the country. The volume of feed supplies to Russia from EU countries last month did not decrease, but increased by a third.
Earlier, the Krasnodar Animal Shelter asked for help from residents. Volunteers turned to Krasnodar residents and asked them to help them care for dogs and cats. On February 25, 26 and 27, a charity event was held at two shopping malls in Krasnodar. 15 animals found a family.
The vet also said why some dog breeds are very worried about owners leaving for work. Renat Zakirov noted that this is indeed a very hot topic for discussion. This problem is especially true for those who live next to a dog that barks and howls.