With a stomach ulcer, a person experiences pain. The reaction of the stomach forces you to change your attitude towards food, to look for foods that do not cause pain. If the disease has already been diagnosed, a special diet is required. What are its principles and how to create a menu for the week, explained Dr. Minesh Khatri and Carol DerSarkisyan.
Features of the diet for stomach ulcers
As PubMed explains, the stomach is internally protected by a mucous membrane, but is sometimes destroyed by the aggressive acidic environment necessary for digestion. Painful symptoms appear when this balance is disturbed.
At the first negative signs, there may be a desire to limit food intake. But fasting does even more damage, because in the stomach, the acid comes in contact with the mucosa without obstruction. Stressful situations weaken the body’s defenses. If an infection is associated with such a condition, a stomach ulcer develops.
A special diet will help relieve the symptoms. At the beginning of the disease, the diet stops its further development. What is the diet for stomach ulcers? The patient is prescribed a nutritional diet program, which aims to minimize the mechanical, chemical and thermal load on the affected stomach.
To improve the situation, follow these dietary principles:
- Bake, boil, stew, steam or cook food in a slow cooker. Avoid fried foods.
- Monitor the temperature of the food. Hot dishes, such as cold ones, have a bad effect on the condition of the mucous membrane, slowing down its recovery. The optimum food temperature is 26–33 ° C.
- Eat fractional portions, eating at least three hours later. The volume of products per meal is 200–250 gr. The number of meals per day ranges from 4 to 7.
- Drink 2 liters of water a day. Do not drink with meals, preferably before or 30-40 minutes after a meal.
- Consume no more than 6 grams of salt a day.
With an ulcer, periods of exacerbation alternate with periods of remission. Lesions do not heal quickly, so you should adhere to the restrictions for a long time.
How many days does a stomach ulcer diet last? In acute forms of the disease, a strict diet with the most limited set of products lasts about 7 days. As the ups and downs recede, the diet is more varied. In combination with medication, the diet is prescribed for a period of 6 months to 1 year.
What can you eat on a diet with a stomach ulcer?
The most useful foods for this disease are vegetables and fruits, says MD Minesh Khatri. The diet should include strawberries, strawberries, peeled apples, pears, apricots, peaches. From vegetables, the use of zucchini, cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, beets and pumpkin is allowed.
The following foods supplement the diet for stomach ulcers:
- lean meats (rabbit, chicken, beef, beef, turkey);
- varieties of low-fat fish (perch, carp, perch, pike, pike, cod, gyros, cod).
- cereals (buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal, white rice).
- low-fat dairy products (milk, cottage cheese, kefir, sour cream, condensed milk, natural yogurt).
- butter and vegetable oils.
- white bread crackers;
- jam, honey, marshmallow, marshmallow;
- weak tea, and decoctions of mint, chamomile, rose tea, compotes, jellies.
Is it possible to eat bananas with stomach ulcers? Yes, fruits can be added to the diet. Eat no more than three servings a day, as it is too heavy for an inflamed stomach.
What can not eat with a stomach ulcer?
According to Carol DerSarkisyan, PhD, the following products are banned:
- gas-producing vegetables and greens (legumes, white cabbage, cucumbers, radishes, turnips, spinach, sorrel, greens and onions);
- fruits (citrus fruits, pineapples, currants, raisins).
- nuts and seeds?
- dried fruit;
- cereals (corn, barley, millet, barley);
- sauces and spices (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, ginger, vinegar, black pepper and chili).
- pork, lamb, duck, goose, lard, sausages.
- fatty fish, caviar;
- smoked meats, canned, fried and spicy foods.
- kvass, carbonated drinks, strong coffee, alcohol.
Sample menu for the week
Prepare meals in digestible forms – liquid, mashed, crushed, without solid pieces. But chew them well so that the enzymes necessary for digestion are added from the saliva.
When cooking fish and meat, drain the first broth to reduce the amount of animal fat. Even well-cooked meats and fish are best chopped with a grinder or blender. Cereal dishes are also recommended to be wiped. It is allowed to add a small piece of butter to the prepared dish.
Make a healthy menu based on the list of allowed and forbidden foods and cooking recommendations. The following is an example diet for 7 days.
- Breakfast – oatmeal boiled in milk, sweetened with honey.
- The second breakfast is a banana.
- Lunch – soup with rice puree, steamed cutlet, salad with beets and carrot.
- Snack – non-fat cottage cheese with sour cream and sugar.
- Dinner – stew potatoes and zucchini with turkey, cooked in the oven.
- Breakfast – buckwheat porridge with beef meatballs.
- The second breakfast is a baked apple.
- Lunch – pasta soup in light chicken broth, steamed perch fillet cutlet, boiled cauliflower.
- Snack – casserole with low fat cottage cheese.
- Dinner is an omelette.
- Breakfast – milk rice porridge.
- The second breakfast is lazy cottage cheese dumplings with sour cream of low fat.
- Lunch – borscht with beets-zucchini, steamed chicken cutlet with potatoes in milk sauce.
- Afternoon – pear.
- Dinner – boiled vegetables with steamed beef.
- Breakfast – semolina porridge with milk.
- The second breakfast is a soufflé of non-acidic berries.
- Lunch – soup with rice and meatballs, stew zucchini, potatoes and carrots, turkey souffle.
- Snack – natural yogurt with crackers.
- Dinner – mashed potatoes with grilled chicken cutlets.
- Breakfast – steamed rice with vegetables, rabbit meatballs.
- The second breakfast is a peach.
- Lunch – vegetable soup with mashed vegetables, mashed potatoes with cod in the oven.
- Snack – pear and apple salad dressed with natural yogurt.
- Dinner – soft egg, roasted pumpkin.
- Breakfast is a pot of boiled rice.
- The second breakfast is jelly with crackers.
- Lunch – mashed buckwheat soup, turkey in sour cream sauce, boiled cauliflower.
- Snack – cottage cheese with honey.
- Dinner – mashed potatoes and zucchini, beef souffle.
- Breakfast – milk oatmeal.
- The second breakfast is a glass of kefir.
- Lunch – potato soup, carrot-pumpkin puree, boiled chicken.
- Snack – crackers and carrot juice, diluted with water.
- Dinner – mashed buckwheat porridge, baked cod with sour cream sauce.
A diet with stomach ulcers will relieve pain after eating, will contribute to a speedy recovery. In order for the disease not to return, the principles of nutrition must become a way of life.
Caution! The material is for informational purposes only. You should not resort to the methods of treatment described in it without first consulting a doctor.
- Ulcer activity. Review // PubMed. – 2016. – Access function: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26939278/
- Carol Der Sarkissian. The best and worst foods for stomach ulcers // WebMD. – 2020. – 2 November. – Access function: https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/ss/slideshow-stomach-ulcers-best-worst-foods
- Minesh Khatri. Visual guide for stomach ulcers // WebMD. – 2020. – 11 September. – Access function: https://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/ss/slideshow-visual-guide-to-stoach-ulcers
Original article: https://www.nur.kz/food/healthy-eating/1816799-dieta-pri-azve-zeludka-kak-nuzno-pitatsa/