What is a healthy and beautiful smile? This is the daily dental care. Maintaining the health of your teeth and gums does not require periodic, but constant care. How to take good care of your teeth, what diseases can occur in the absence of regular and improper brushing of teeth?
Rukhshona Ibrogimova, Dental Surgeon of the Academy of Medical Sciences, Scientific and Clinical Institute of Dental and Maxillofacial Surgery, answered these and other Asia-Plus questions.
– What are the general rules for dental care?
– Basic rules of oral hygiene – it is important to brush your teeth twice a day: morning and evening. After each meal, it is recommended to rinse your mouth.
What are the main mistakes made when brushing your teeth?
– Wrong brushing movements, insufficient brushing time and neglect of additional oral care products (brushes, rinses, watering cans, chewing gums, etc.)
– How long do you have to brush your teeth?
Brushing your teeth should take at least 2-3 minutes. Because in a shorter period of time it will not be possible to get rid of the plaque completely. At the same time, you should not brush your teeth for more than 4 minutes. This can lead to thinning of the enamel and increase its sensitivity.
– What diseases can occur in the absence of regular and inappropriate brushing of teeth?
– Dental caries and periodontal disease. These chronic processes damage the gums and teeth, lead to pain and bad breath and eventually tooth loss.
20:00 February 19
The link between dental and physical ailments has also been proven.
– What affects the health and color of teeth?
The color of the teeth depends on the dentin – the main component of the tooth. Genetics, diet, bad habits and oral hygiene also play an important role.
– How to choose the right toothbrush and toothpaste?
The following criteria are taken into account when choosing the right toothbrush: Age – soft toothbrushes are suitable for children. Adults – models of medium hardness with a number of bundles up to 55.
The health of the teeth and gums depends on the quality of the toothpaste. To avoid damaging your body, you should consult a dentist.
At the dentist – once every six months
– How many times a year do you need to visit a dentist or hygienist? Consultation is especially important for people with braces, dentures, with defects in the denture.
– Of course, it is recommended to visit the dentist at least once every six months. The dentist will assess the condition of the teeth, gums, the degree of damage to the teeth from caries, plaque and will prescribe the appropriate procedures.
Brushing your teeth with splints takes about 20-30 minutes gradually: using an orthodontic brush, brushes, irrigators…
17:31 December 23, 2020
The frequency of visits to the hygienist is individual. It all depends on how you take care of your own hygiene. On average, orthodontic treatment recommends professional cleaning every 3-4 months. And make sure you maintain good hygiene before installing the specified orthopedic structures.
Remember that professional cleaning and daily oral care complement each other, but do not replace!
Denture care is not that difficult. You should follow a few simple rules and then your prosthesis will last a long time: immediately after eating, you should rinse it with water, thoroughly clean the prosthesis with a low quality toothpaste, such as baby toothpaste, liquid soap, dishwashing detergent .
Effervescent tablets dissolved in water are used to disinfect the prosthesis. Such tablets dissolve the pigment plaque and the stone from the surface of the prosthesis and also kill 99.9% of the bacteria. The most famous are the Korega tablets.
Abandoning coffee in favor of vegetables
How to eat properly to keep your teeth healthy?
– Review the diet: minimize the use of coffee, tea, carbonated beverages, sugar, sweets that contain dyes …
17:04 March 5
The most essential for the teeth are definitely calcium and fluoride. You need to add more dairy products and vegetables to your diet.
– What medications are harmful to the teeth and what can be done to minimize their effects?
– Taking tetracycline antibacterial drugs can lead to discoloration of permanent teeth in children.
Hormonal drugs (oral contraceptives), which are prescribed by gynecologists to many women, change the level of sex hormones and this is accompanied by a change in the metabolism of minerals.
Calcium deficiency leads to enamel brittleness over time.
And some more tips
– The key to maintaining the health of your teeth is in our daily habits. Daily brushing and flossing help remove plaque buildup. Regular visits to the dentist will help remove tartar and buildup in hard-to-reach places, as well as prevent gum disease.
Regular visits to the dentist reduce the risk of tooth decay, bad breath and other problems, which helps to improve overall health.
Disease prevention plays an important role in maintaining dental health – it is more effective and less expensive than treatment.
Read us at Telegram, Facebook, Instagram, Yandex.Zen, Okay and VK.
Send your Asia-Plus questions, messages, videos, and photos to Telegram, whatsapp, Imo at +992 93 792 42 45.