Properly cooked meat will protect against intestinal infections. Photo: eda.ru
Acute intestinal infections are the most common infectious diseases that can lead to serious complications, especially in children. The disease is caused by bacteria or viruses that enter the human body through contaminated food, water or simply through dirty hands, environmental objects with which a person is in close contact. Most often, pathogenic microorganisms are found in raw foods of animal origin (meat, eggs, milk, fish), unwashed fruits and vegetables.
The most common symptoms of acute intestinal infections are weakness, fever, abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. At the first manifestations, it is recommended to consult a doctor immediately.
This was reported on the Facebook page of the Public Health Center, where doctors published a complete list of rules that will protect against food poisoning and acute intestinal infections:
- Keep it clean. Wash your hands with soap and water before preparing any food. Clean dishes and other cooking utensils used to prepare the dish.
- Separate the raw from the cooked. The bacteria that often cause AII love to “live” in raw meat and seafood. Remember this! Use separate knives and chopping boards to handle raw food and wash your hands thoroughly. To avoid contact between raw and cooked foods, store them in closed containers or containers.
- Prepare the food carefully. Food becomes safe when, during cooking, the temperature inside the dish becomes high enough to kill germs. The milk must be boiled. Eggs, meat, fish and seafood should be well cooked.
Different products require different temperatures, for example:
63 ° C – for whole pieces of beef, pork, beef and lamb.
71 ° C – for minced beef and pork.
74 ° C – for all poultry, including minced chicken and turkey.
74 ° C – for dishes with added eggs.
63 ° C – for ham.
63 ° C – for fish.
The only way to determine if cooked food is properly cooked is to use a food thermometer, as food safety cannot be judged by color, taste or texture.
- Store food at a safe temperature. Refrigerate or freeze food within 2 hours after cooking. Do not refrigerate hot food – wait until the steam stops rising. To cool the food faster, you can divide it into small portions. The refrigerator temperature should be + 4 ° C or lower and the freezer temperature should be lower than -15 ° C.
Do not thaw food at room temperature and water, as microorganisms begin to multiply rapidly in those parts of the food that have reached room temperature. This should be done slowly in the refrigerator and make sure that the melted liquid does not contaminate other foods.
- Use safe water and fresh food. For cooking, use clean drinking or clean water. Choose fresh and not spoiled products, follow the expiration date when buying. Wash vegetables and fruits well, especially if served raw. Do not use expired products.
According to Strana, scientists have found hundreds of mites and E. coli in quinoa seeds, which are fashionable among vegetarians.
It is recalled that in March last year, ten cases of intestinal infections were recorded in Ukraine.
Meanwhile, the war in Ukraine continues for 76 days. “Strana” follows what is happening on May 10 in updated material.
“Strana” also summarized the results of the 75th day of the war. Yesterday a new tense section appeared on the front – the Lisichansk-Bakhmut highway, the enemy is trying to capture it. Meanwhile, this road is the only one left for the exit from the part of the Luhansk region controlled by Ukraine. Also on May 9, Ukraine celebrated Victory Day over Nazism – for the first time in history during another full-scale war being waged in our territory.
Another important event yesterday was the speech of Russian President Putin at the parade in Moscow. Contrary to expectations, in his speech on May 9, he neither declared war on Ukraine, nor mobilized. The President of the Russian Federation reiterated that everything is going according to plan and the goals set in Ukraine will be achieved. We wrote in detail what Putin’s speech about the war in Ukraine means.
Maps of the invasion, main news, photos and videos – on the Telegram channel “Politiki tis Chora”.
To always know the most important, we recommend our applications in the AppStore and Google play.
Olesya Medvedeva spoke in more detail about the situation on the front and the results of the 75th day of the war on the blog “It’s clear. It’s clear”.