Victoria Emelyanova became interested in nutrition when she had health problems. Photo provided by the heroine of the publication
In many countries, May 29 is the Day of Healthy Digestion and June 2 is the Day of Healthy Eating and Avoiding Overeating. Their goal is to draw people’s attention to digestive disorders and their impact on our well-being. The wrong diet and unbalanced diet, overeating, bad habits (including eating), stress and of course the quality of food lead to obesity, metabolic disorders, heartburn, gastritis, beriberi. How to avoid these diseases, we learned from nutritionist Victoria Emelyanova.
TREATED WITH FOOD
Victoria became interested in nutrition when she had health problems. After the birth of her daughter, she constantly felt weak, withdrawn, apathetic. Having stumbled upon information that this may be due to hypothyroidism (lack of thyroid hormones – Ed.), I passed the tests and received a recommendation from the doctor to take hormones for life. But instead, the woman from Kirov started reading diet posts. And I found that the main cause of hypothyroidism is iodine deficiency. And an excess of chlorine, bromine and fluoride, which displaces it, could lead to this.
– With this disease, it is recommended not to stay in chlorinated water for a long time, – the girl shares. – Use flour less (it contains bromine) less often and do not use fluoride toothpaste. It is also important to include in your diet foods that contain selenium, zinc, magnesium, chromium or to take vitamins. I felt the change immediately! But analyzes have shown that they can be made even better. Then I started to change my eating habits and I was completely immersed in this issue.
Kirovchanka began studying as a functional nutritionist at the University of Educational Medicine and trying out various nutritional protocols for herself. Friends, seeing her changes, began to ask for advice. For a year and a half while on maternity leave, the girl ran five online marathons, sharing information on how food can prevent illness or even cure it.
HOW TO HELP DIGESTION
Victoria says there are three stages of digestion: in the mouth, in the stomach and in the intestines. In each case, they have seized it, despite obstacles we can scarcely imagine. ” For example, the work of the intestines depends directly on the condition of the oral cavity. Therefore, it is important to visit the dentist annually and treat caries in a timely manner. Besides, there are no teeth in the stomach! And for high quality digestion, you need crushed, wet food with partially broken down nutrients.
“You have to eat slowly, without talking and watching TV, without swallowing on the go,” says Victoria. – It is very important to chew food well – 15-30 times each bite. It will then be treated with saliva, which contains substances that disinfect food. In addition, salivary enzymes contribute to the initial breakdown of carbohydrates and fats.
In the stomach, the nutritionist emphasizes, the most important are hydrochloric acid and pepsin. They break down proteins so that they enter the bloodstream. And for the proper effect of the enzymes, the acidity of the gastric fluid should be normal. But with stress, certain illnesses and medication, it can be reduced. Consuming cold and sweet drinks also leads to the same. To maintain normal acidity, Victoria recommends drinking a glass of warm water (45-50 degrees, not boiling water!) With lemon 15 minutes before a meal. It also helps in the proper functioning of the gallbladder. Both the bile secreted by him and the pancreatic enzymes are the main “workers” in the small intestine.
– It is better to start a meal with a handful of berries or a spoonful of coconut oil, – shares the woman Kiroff. – This will help the pancreas to produce enzymes. And be sure to add to your diet bitter herbs, leafy salads, radishes, radishes! They promote good bile flow.
Stress, lack of sleep, microbial imbalance and intestinal mucosa can lead to a lack of enzymes and bile. The latter is caused by flour, sugar, dairy products, omega-6 fats (sunflower oil). To restore the mucosa, you should drink an infusion of flax 30 minutes before each meal.
WHAT WILL HELP SAVE HEALTH
The nutritionist suggests:
– Avoid overeating, eat 2-3 times a day, without snacks.
– Avoid frequent use of fried, smoked, spicy, salty and canned foods, but remember that the right fats (lard, fatty fish, caviar, seed oils, coconut oil, lamb, butter 82.5%) and marinades are useful!
Limit your intake of carbonated beverages and alcohol, sweets and pastries.
– Eat more boiled food, white fish, fresh fruits, vegetables, berries and cereals.
– try to cook for a couple and choose the first one between “boil” or “fry”.
– Do not over-salt, prefer sea salt (you do not need to give up salt).
– Limit sugar intake. If you crave sweets, it may be a deficiency of magnesium, chromium or vitamin C. Try eating a slice of lemon – most likely this craving will pass.
Photo provided by the heroine of the publication
EXAMPLE OF HEALTHY CHILD NUTRITION
1) Protein + fats: quail eggs, fatty fish, high fat butter (82.5%) and protein pizza (86 g protein and only 8 g carbohydrates).
2) Complex carbohydrates: Dr.Korner buckwheat bread with excellent composition – buckwheat kernel, mixture of vitamins-minerals “Spikelet-1” (B1, B2, B6, PP, folic acid, iron).
3) Fresh vegetables and fruits: carrots, radishes, kiwi, tangerine.
4) Healthy sweets: Concentrated coconut milk is a good alternative to trans fats.
5) Cooked vegetables: The best in chicken soup.