Taking care of our health, following all the recommendations of the experts of the WHO, the Ministry of Health, the associations of dietitians, we can harm ourselves. How not to make a mistake in choosing products – read about it below.
On the subject of Healthy Eating Dish: How to eat every day to stay healthy
Which food is considered healthy
For a long time, we, like otchenash, have been studying this healthy food:
- of natural origin (not genetically modified);
- with low degree of processing;
- rich in micro and macro elements and bioactive substances.
- does not cause inflammatory processes.
- contains minimal salt, free sugars and trans fats.
- without flavor enhancers, preservatives and artificial sweeteners.
According to WHO experts, if you eat like that all the time and at the same time monitor the portion size and do not forget about physical activity, it is necessary reduced growth risk diabetes mellitus, atherosclerosis, hypertension, ischemia, myocardial infarction, stroke and cancer – diseases brought to us by civilization.
How and when healthy foods become unhealthy
It is known that frying or baking with a lot of fat turns even the healthiest food into an unhealthy one. However, this is not the only important thing. Consumers often equate themselves with useful and safe products, without taking it into account Food safety must be maintained not only at the stage of storage, cooking and after their preparation, but also at the stage of cultivation (production).
Take fish for example. Fatty sea fish is one of the healthiest foods that experts from the Ministry of Health of Ukraine recommend eating two or three times a week.
But according to the principle of bioaccumulation, with each subsequent step of the food pyramid, the concentration of harmful substances increases. So it turns out that a person seems to take care of his health, but regularly poisons the body with a toxic substance that is eliminated very slowly from the body.
Fatty seafood is one of the healthiest foods / Photo by Shutterstock
Herbal products can be contaminated with pesticides, with the help of which agricultural producers fight weeds, pests and pathogenic fungi. If grown in soils that are slowly self-cleaning, this may contain heavy metal salts (namely cadmium, lead or mercury itself), which even in small quantities have a devastating effect on the body. Artificial fertilizers, such as nitrogen fertilizers, which accelerate the ripening of vegetables, also contaminate plant products. (Hence the nitrates in early vegetables.) So in theory the same cucumber or tomato is useful, but in reality it turns out to be dangerous.
The same goes for animal products. From rogue manufacturers, it may contain growth hormones and antibiotics. Hormones are used to accelerate growth and increase the productivity of animals, poultry and fish. And most of these hormones are consumed with cow’s milk – from 60 to 80% of their total amount, which enters our body from outside.
But manufacturers resort to antibiotics to prevent and treat diseases in animals and poultry. It should be noted that antimicrobials are generally widely used in agriculture, because bacteria infect all life on Earth, flora and fauna. In the meantime, both these and these substances endanger human health.
Regular consumption of hormone-containing products increases the risk of hormone-dependent tumors., which are long, expensive and not always treated successfully. Antibacterial drugs are formed in dangerous microorganisms antibiotic resistance. Bacteria adapt to the substances that the manufacturers “fill” the animals, even the bees, so when they become infected with such “hardened” pathogens, the usual treatment no longer works for us. This increases medical costs, length of hospital stay and, worst of all, increases mortality.
Choose a useful / Shutterstock photo
How to choose healthy foods
To always have it on your table really safe, healthy foods, follow these six simple rules:
- Never buy products in spontaneous markets. By accepting the same bird “by hand”, you have no guarantee that this chicken was not sick and was not treated with antibiotics. What’s more, you can not be sure that the carcass is fresh and not infected with E. coli or salmonella.
- Commercial facilities (in particular, agri-food markets, company stores) allow the sale of only those products that have undergone veterinary and health control and are accompanied by the result of its laboratory study. Remember: as a consumer you have the right to request all documents confirming the quality and safety of the goods.
- Is always pay attention to the expiration date. If in doubt (the date is not clearly marked, half-erased) – refuse to buy.
- Making a purchase ask for a check. keep itif you have bought high risk products: meat, dairy, fish products, pastries with cream and eggs. This document is proof that you bought this product today and in this place.
- If you have found a manufacturer whose product quality satisfies you, do not experiment – buy what you are sure of. If you have not found the right product in the usual place, do not be lazy to walk 200 – 300 meters to another store or supermarket.
- Carefully read what is written on the labels. Ukrainian law “On the protection of consumer rights” requires manufacturers to indicate on the packaging all the necessary information in accordance with applicable regulations, including information on the content of harmful substances, as well as to mark the product presence of genetically modified organisms in its composition.
- Choose time-tested manufacturers who value consumer confidence and therefore consistently guarantee high quality of their productsand your diet, and therefore yours the body will be healthy.