Skin care products and cosmetic procedures will not work if the body lacks certain vitamins for normal functioning. We tell you which deficiencies are most common, how to fill them with food and help the skin from the outside.
Marina Koliaginaspecialist in facebuilding and self-massage
person, fitness trainer
Skin and hair are excellent indicators of health. Age spots, chapped lips, peeling skin and other external signs often signal a lack of vitamins. And here is how to understand what your body warns you about:
• Dry skin or flares – Vitamin A deficiency
• Early signs of aging and excessive hair loss – deficiency of B vitamins.
• Cracks on the lips – Vitamin B2 deficiency.
• Poor hair condition and unhealthy skin – Vitamin B9 deficiency.
• Pale skin or pigmentation – lack of vitamin B12, is responsible for the production of pigment.
• Loss of firmness and elasticity, long healing of inflammation – deficiency of vitamin C and zinc.
• Dull skin, dry skin and itching (mainly on the cheeks and forehead), the presence of skin diseases (acne, atopic dermatitis and others) – vitamin D deficiency.
• Dry skin on the body and especially on the face Deficiency of fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E, K), Omega-3, estrogen and hyaluronic acid.
• Swelling in the eyelids and around the eyes – iodine deficiency.
How to cover the shortages with food
Vitamin A: carrots, pumpkin, broccoli, melon, salmon, cod liver, red and black caviar, egg yolk, butter, liver (chicken, beef and lamb), hard cheeses.
B Vitamins: salmon, beef, leafy greens, mussels, dairy products, dark green vegetables, nuts, legumes, eggs, offal (liver and kidneys), white and red meat, cereals, potatoes, beets.
Vitamin B2: liver and kidneys, almonds, apples, cabbage, tomatoes, eggs.
Vitamin B9 (folic acid): leafy green vegetables (cabbage, spinach and others), avocados, asparagus.
Vitamin B12: foods of animal origin (meat, eggs).
Vitamin C: wild rose, citrus, sea buckthorn, pepper, gooseberry, parsley, dill, kiwi.
Zinc: oysters, beef, beans, cocoa, dark chocolate, cashews, pumpkin seeds, lentils.
Vitamin D: fatty fish (salmon, herring, mackerel and others), egg yolk, kale, butter.
Vitamin E: vegetable oil, pine nuts, almonds, peanuts, salmon, avocado.
Vitamin K: sauerkraut, parsley, peas, corn, beans, kiwi, broccoli.
Omega 3: salmon, herring, tuna, seafood, walnut, flaxseed, chia.
Estrogens: sesame, peanuts, walnuts, dried fruits, spinach, flaxseed, peaches, garlic.
Hyaluronic Acid: bone broth, red wine, dark chocolate, almonds, sweet potatoes, soy.
Iodine: seaweed and seaweed, shrimp, cod, sorrel, eggs, cranberries, plums, cottage cheese.
What, in addition to diet, eliminates the effects of deficiency
Meditate and spend time on pleasant hobbies. Cortisol (stress hormone) negatively affects the appearance, so it is important to rest responsibly, avoiding stressful situations.
Do a face massage. It will provide good lymph and blood flow. This will get rid of the dull color of the skin and tighten the oval of the face.
Simple facial beauty massage
- Squeeze your favorite cream on your fingertips and warm up a little on your hands. After that, it is better absorbed and evenly distributed on the skin. The result will be many times better and the consumption of the cream is much less than if you apply it directly on the face.
- Place the fingertips of both hands in the middle of the forehead, as if continuing the line of the nose. Move from this point to the temples, smoothing the skin along the massage lines.
- Bend your index fingers into “hooks”. Open your mouth in an “O” shape. Pressing, move your fingers from the base of the cheekbone to the temples.
- Place your index fingers in the form of “hooks” in the middle of the chin. Grab your chin from below with your thumbs. Bite the skin and with stings move from the center of the chin to the ears along the bone of the lower jaw.
- Complete the massage by stroking the neck from top to bottom.
Do 5-10 repetitions. This massage can be done daily. But if you do not have time, start at least 2-3 times a week. Even such a regularity will bring remarkable results.
A varied diet, good rest and your caring hands will become the basis for beautiful and healthy skin. Treatments and products only complement your love for your body.